The Professional Operator Code of Conduct requires certificants to act honestly, competently, and with integrity and to use their knowledge and skill to enhance public health and protect the environment. As a condition of holding and maintaining a Professional Operator certification, I agree to:
- Be truthful and accurate in what I say, do, and write.
- Adhere to all laws and regulations applicable to the profession.
- Promote and encourage the highest quality of water/wastewater facility/system operation within the industry.
- Not misrepresent nor permit misrepresentation of my qualifications or the qualifications of my associates.
- Not conduct myself in a manner that subverts or attempts to subvert the minimum certification requirements, application processes, or examination processes.
- Continue professional development throughout my career and promote the professional development of the operators under my supervision.
- Do not misuse the certificate, logo, and marks of the PO designation as they are the property of the Certification Commission for Environmental Professionals (C2EP), and I will use such property only in an approved manner.
- Uphold and follow all policies and procedures required by C2EP to remain in good standing.
- Report to C2EP any past or pending personal litigation or disciplinary action within the scope of my certification and resulting resolution to C2EP.
- Not participate in any interest, activity, or influence which may be perceived to influence a decision purely for personal gain and not in the interest of public health or environmental stability.
I recognize that failure to adhere to this Code is grounds for disciplinary action and enforcement by C2EP.
I recognize a certification shall be valid only so long as its holder agrees and adheres to the Code of Conduct and that no certification shall be valid if obtained by misconduct.